How Much Does Foundation Repair Cost?
No one saves up to fix their home or commercial property’s foundation. But when severe damage is found, you want your money to be spent in the best way possible: an effective solution at a fair price.
Fortunately, the answer isn’t a simple one — and that’s a good thing. Why? Because every foundation issue is unique and requires a customized approach to solving it. If a foundation repair company gives you a solution plan before calculating all the factors that led to your foundation problem, they might be 1) overcharging you, or 2) trying to solve your foundation issue with a blanket remedy that might be more than you need or might not even work.
Factors that Impact Foundation Repair Cost
Whether your foundation repair needs are residential or commercial, there are several factors that must be considered before an accurate solution and cost estimate can be created. Some of the questions that will need to be answered include:
- What type of foundation is underneath your home or commercial property?
- What type of soil is underneath your foundation? This varies by location from Dallas/Fort Worth to Austin, San Antonio and Houston.
- What signs of foundation issues are you seeing: Stuck windows? Cracks in walls? Mold? Water leaks?
- What environmental changes have occurred around your home? Has there been heavy rain? A severe drought?
Only after a thorough evaluation of your home’s foundation — and the soil underneath it — can an accurate repair plan and cost estimate be given.
How Much Should You Pay for Foundation Repair?
Your timely action is key. Many things have happened underneath your home by the time the windows won’t open, you’ve noticed hairline cracks in the plaster, or that patch of mold on the kitchen floor. And when entertaining bids from various companies and calculating the actual cost of the project, always remember these things:
- The cheapest solution for your foundation might be the costliest. Consider why a customized solution may save you from having to repair again in a couple of years.
- Customer reviews are a great way to learn about the quality of a foundation repair company’s work.
- Not all warranties are created equal.
- Their financing options should be as customized as their repair plans.
- How the history of the company affects your warranty, and their willingness to repair your foundation should it need it in the future.
So, how much does foundation repair cost?
Here’s what we can tell you without an evaluation. Over Perma-Pier’s 25-year history in Texas, the average cost of a foundation repair sits in the $5,000 range.
Start saving on the cost of your foundation repair today by contacting one of Perma-Pier’s team of experts.